Tenancy Agreement Partner

If you are not married or in partnership, you are not allowed to live. Your rights depend on your tenant or landlord. The same goes for your children as adults. Your partner should not end the tenancy without your permission. A rental agreement is a contract between the lessor and the tenant that defines your rights to live in a rented property. If your name appears on the lease, either as a tenant or as an exclusive tenant, you have the contractual and legal right to live in the property. If your name is not on the lease, your rights to live in the property after your separation from your partner depend on your relationship status. If your landlord does not update the lease, you both remain responsible for the rent and the person leaving the lease can still terminate. If you intend to apply for social housing, your application may also be rejected if you are mentioned in another rental agreement. You can ask the court to change your ex-partner`s lease on your behalf or to remove their name from a joint tenancy agreement. You can request a “lease transfer” if: if the deceased tenant has already succeeded the lease, there is no right to a second succession.

However, in some cases, your landlord may grant a different estate. You can check your rental type and then discover your rights in the Rental rights section. If you are married or in partnership with someone who owns the property, you have the right to live. “Domestic rights” is a legal term that usually means that you can live in your home as if you were the owner. The Housing Executive performs identity checks when you sign up for a new lease or transfer or exchange real estate. If you live in real estate with your partner, but you are not mentioned in any lease, you are not a fully rented tenant. If your partner wants you to leave, you are not allowed to stay in the accommodation. If your partner wants to move, but you want to stay, you need to negotiate with the landlord to see if he or she is willing to make you become the tenant of the property. You need to create a new lease between you and the landlord.

If the parties are not married but have children under the age of 18, the Children Act 1989 may apply for a transfer of lease to one of the parents only in favour of the children. . . .